Sunday, October 16, 2011

Hidden Expense

Somewhere in this pile shrine, are Rachelle's "Leadville Shoes" or her "24 Hours of Moab boots".

Any major biking road trip/race, usually ends up costing me more than just the race entry and hotel expenses.  There is the shoe expense too.

Behold.....I counted about 60 pair, but I'm sure there are more.

I didn't do Leadville this year.  I didn't do 24 Hours of Moab.  I'm getting smarter in my old age.  These one hour cross races with less expensive entry fees are the future.

And with Rachelle just coming back from a 4 day girls trip to So Cal, I may end up getting the hall pass to race the Clammy Night race on Friday and the UTCX on Saturday.  Maybe.

2 comments:

Ski Bike Junkie said...

I can relate. We have the "hut trip" couch. But in fairness, I enjoy that one, especially when I'm too tired to move after a race, a lot more than you probably enjoy the Leadville shoes. Probably.

KanyonKris said...

At least there are two pair of bike shoes, and they are toward the front, that's a good sign, isn't it?