Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Hurt

"I hurt myself today (and yesterday and the day before that), to see if I still feel.  I focus on the pain...."

I can't get that song outta my head.  But it's true.  I've been trying to hurt myself to get ready for this silly ICUP race next week.  I should probably learn how to train properly or taper or whatever but when in doubt, I end up craming in some hard efforts a couple of weeks before the race and go into it with my fingers crossed.

This morning's hurt session was a ski tour from the Spruces up Days Fork.  Just over 5 miles and 2,700 vertical.  Rob, the wonder twin, Dug, Steve and I met up at 5:30AM.  It's a long approach with a long climb but holds some of the best snow days after a storm. 















Now if I can just stay healthy until the 5th.....



1 comment:

KanyonKris said...

I'm pretty sure that's good for the body, but I'm certain it's good for the soul.