Wednesday, December 1, 2010

UTCX #9

Saturday was the first snow cross race of the season. I didn't race well but had a blast on the course. Both Bob and Daren smoked me. They are both much better bike handlers and on a snow packed course, it's more about staying upright than about going fast. Bob took 2nd and Daren 4th and I ended up with a 6th place finish in the SS group.

The barriers were set up on the fastest part of the course. It made for a tricky dismount on the snow/ice. I was glad I had my spikes in.






























































Thanks Jason and Annie for sticking around, for the cheers, and for taking the pictures. They both raced earlier in the day and took 1st and 2nd respectively. Not a bad day for the White family.

8 comments:

Eric Gaoiran said...

When is the next event? It might be fun to go out and watch people freeze and suffer while I sip on a Latte.

JZ said...

I chose an early ride and the comfort of my couch (actually parent's couch) and watched the game. I really suck on slick snowy courses. Last time I raced in the snow at Wheeler I think I hit the ground at least twice a lap. I would catch some riders, fall, get up, catch them again, fall, repeat.

Way to battle it out.

Anonymous said...

Ricardo,

Are you testing out some new facial embrocation or hitting the tanning beds to get ready for a vacation?

I like the new look.

Rick Sunderlage said...

Sleepy- Next race is in "O" town. And then in Herriman the week after.

JZ- Had you raced, I would have finished 7th. That snow racing isn't my thing. But I do like the mud.

Brad- I don't know what the temps were at race time (3pm) but it was cold. Very cold. Combine that with race pace my face changes colors quickly. And my lips get all swollen.

Rick Sunderlage said...

Bob- Stop making everything sound like a race.

Jason said...

Brad - I think Rick photoshopped his pics, or I might have messed with them before giving them to him.

Rick - fun times watching you guys, was hoping to see more flailing but you SS'ers stayed on your bikes. Couldn't agree more on the sketchiness of the barrier dismount - big pucker factor there.

Jason said...

Eric - my wife said she's working on getting your wife out to one of these - word is your wife is pretty hardcore.

South County Ciclista said...

Looks like you had a good time.