Wednesday, August 25, 2010

You Will Love Me. You Will Hate Me.

In an effort to fatten up the competition before CX season kicks in, I am posting this recipe.

I demand that you make this.

You will love me, your spouse will love me, your kids will love me. Then, you will hate me. Your kids will never eat syrup from the bottle again. You will start putting this on anything and everything. You will want to put in your water bottle and drink it straight up during your rides.

1 cube butter (1/2 cup)

1/2 cup buttermilk

1 cup sugar

1 tsp. Karo syrup

1/2 tsp. baking soda

1 tsp. vanilla

Bring butter, buttermilk, sugar and Karo Syrup to a boil. Remove from heat and add soda and vanilla. Serve with pancakes, waffles, or french toast, cheeseburgers, pasta, cereal, pizza. Put in your water bottle and drink it.

(It will keep in the refrigerator for a few weeks if you don't use all of it.)


Your butt will be on backwards after a few weeks but it's worth it.

8 comments:

South County Ciclista said...

Looks good, but I need to keep my 145 lbs race weight intact for another week.

Unknown said...

We discovered the syrup a couple months ago and it's been downhill from there. It is my secret weapon at PCPP.

KanyonKris said...

You had me at 1 cube of butter.

Hope the doc gives you good news tomorrow.

Ski Bike Junkie said...

I already hate you, and I haven't tried it yet.

Rick Sunderlage said...

Brandon- 145??? I hate you.

Corey- The stuff gives you wings. Better than Red Bull.

KK- The Dr. can say whatever he wants...I'm still riding on Friday. See you there.

SBJ- You are riding enough, you could drink this stuff and still be okay.

Jason said...

That recipe's been in our family for a few years too - think posting it today is a very nice tactic for your return this Friday.

Jonnie J said...

Your butt will be om backwards? I'm still laughing.

South County Ciclista said...

Just so you know, my family has to have this now every Friday and Saturday.