Thursday, June 3, 2010

"You Mean You Miss The Pain...?"

(Photo by Adam)

This morning was the first of the 2010 "Before work AF Canyon ride/races".

I spent almost an hour in the pain cave. Some days it sucks having fast friends.

Marky Mark and Grizzly do a nice job with their write ups.

I showed up prepared for a group ride until Tibble Fork where the attacks usually start. So I was slightly bummed when we rolled past the Fee Station (20 seconds into the ride) and Mark started going. I looked around in confusion. "Are we seriously going this hard this early?". I didn't know Mark and Elden had plans to post their TT effort today.

It took me a few minutes to get my head around the plan. There was no way out of it. Today's ride was going to be a nice long suffer fest. I found my place in the group, settled into a good pace, and went into to "Seth mode". There would be no talking for 54 minutes and 31 seconds.

I had missed that pain that only an AF ride can dish out. Good times with some good friends. I'll see you guys tomorrow. Same time, same place.


South County Ciclista said...

Wish I could have been there. Well maybe not, my legs are cooked from last nights biathlon. See you tomorrow at 7am.

Grizzly Adam said...

I'm shelled. Completely.

Jonnie J said...

2 days in a row sounds like a really bad idea. Good times today though. I am still feeling like I need a caffeine boost...even though I have had several today.

Fatty said...

"I found my place in the group..."

yeah. and that "place" was way the hell off the front.

modest bastard.

KanyonKris said...

Is that a photo from the Giro? Looking pro there.

Your King of the Loop prize is all-you-can-eat fritters tomorrow.

Nick Rico said...

It hurt soooooo good!