Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Utah County- A Pretty Great Place To Work (And Ride)

I've been spending more time riding in the UC than in Draper so far this season. The dirt is dry, there is some cool new single track, and the UC scene is full of fast riders who are always up for a ride. But if you come down, leave your 18T cog at home. The UC is steep.

My new favorite lunch ride looks like this (I hijacked this from Miles cuz I don't have a fancy bike computer that can do this).


Start from the shooting range, up the jeep road to the cliff's, drop into the race course, do a lap, climb out to the road, back down to the shooting range, over to the BST and catch the new single track.

A lot of turns and a good pitch for a single speed.

Come on down and do some trail building the UC way- Ride it.

10 comments:

dug said...

make a job in the UC appear and i'll ride with you every day.

depending on the job, i guess.

Grizzly Adam said...

The SLC is overrated. The new one-track is going to develop into some fun twists and turns. Nice little loop to tack onto the normal BST ride.

StupidBike said...

yeah, you all stay down there. I'll take my BST, you keep to yers, ya damn southerners....

Rick Sunderlage said...

Dug-Come down for an interview (bring your bike). It's a tight group down here. We'll find something.

Grizzly- SLC is so 2000 and 8.

Bob- The UC welcomes 29ers with open arms. Welcome to the club.

KanyonKris said...

You're preaching the good word, brother Rick.

Elder Child and I did some proselyting today and enjoyed the fruit of our labor.

Nick Rico said...

The new 1-track is P-I-M-P.....

StupidBike said...

in order to offend everyone i can, um, yeah, my trails have land manager approval......

so, i got that goin for me as well

Rick Sunderlage said...

Bob- It was YOU who called and tipped off the trail police wasn't it?

You can ride legal trails anywhere. Only in the UC can you ride illegal trails.

StupidBike said...

I'm bitter, just not THAT bitter.

Ewen said...

Thanks for a super bike blog especially the links. Keep up the good writing and winning.