Tuesday, February 9, 2010

The Competition

What do you do when your co-worker is your rival. Your most feared competitor on the bike? You buy him treats.

Here at work, one of the perks is free soda, free fruit, and free candy. Which is fine for most people but not an ideal scenario for someone training for the upcoming race season. So imagine my delight when I started seeing piles of candy on my desk whenever I returned from a meeting. And it didn't stop there. I'd put on my jacket after a hard day at work, and notice the pockets loaded with treats. I knew immediately who was doing this.

So today, after a "mellow" lunch ride together, I offered to make a quick lunch run and bring back some food. Extra mayo, avocado, bacon...I ordered the works on his sandwich. And I topped it off with a huge sugar cookie (shaped like a heart w/ pink frosting).

We'll find out soon enough who has been eating too many treats.

4 comments:

KanyonKris said...

Don't bring a knife to Rick's gun fight.

From this post I've learned the race starts way before the season starts.

Anonymous said...

i love avocado!

Scott Harris said...

He ate that cookie while looking at the Competitive Cyclist site. I witnessed it.

Dave said...

HA!! Scott, that is great to hear.