Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Squaw Peak Race

The first race of the 2010 season happened at high noon today in Utah County. A group of nine of us showed up for the Squaw Peak hill climb ride which quickly turned into a race.

Squaw Peak is in great shape. It's snow packed but there is a nice wide line all the way up. It was like riding on white dirt (up and down). Very good traction. Go check it out before the snow hits again and messes it up.

I made the podium but barely. Kenny 1st, Brad 2nd, me 3rd with Grizzly Adam taking 4th and the others not far behind. (to be fair, not every one considered it a race).

It felt good to open it up and test out the legs.

Also, check back in a day or two. I'm doing a very small run of Salt Cycling bibs and should have a picture posted tomorrow.

5 comments:

South County Ciclista said...

Chances would have it, that the closing I had today at 1pm would get postponed and it did. I didn't bring my bike. I could have made it.

Anonymous said...

It's a race right up until I slip out of the top 5 then it quickly becomes just a ride

dug said...

damn, i can't believe i missed a chance to race you, keyes, and kenny to the top of squaw peak in january.

what was i thinking?

Ricky said...

i can't believe you didn't adjust time for me because of my late start. i'm absolutely confident that my individual time on the climb was at least two minutes faster than kenny's. maybe.

Rick Sunderlage said...

Ricky- you make a very good point. I'll adjust my records.