Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Sources

Always make sure you have good sources when it comes to trail reports. Yesterday, my sources told me the local trails were mostly dry with "very little mud. What mud there is, is clean mud".

"Clean Mud"? That doesn't even make sense?

So we called a meeting and gathered the top executives from the local UC companies for another lunch meeting (Maddox, Mike, Dave, Nick, Keith, Adam, Miles, and me)

I need new sources. Someone is getting the pink slip tomorrow.

It was a dirty ride.

Check out the paint job on my Superfly SS....Yes, I said Superfly SS. I love this bike.


I was too dirty to change in my car, so I got naked in the parking lot at work. I almost got caught as a co-worker pulled up 2 spots away from me. I was standing there in my underwear and we made eye contact.

As he got out of his car, the only thing I could think of to say was "Don't worry, this is a PG-13 show". He smiled and mumbled something and then sprinted as fast as he could to the office.

Once I was changed and back at work, I could feel the dried mud on my legs as I sat through the last meeting of the day. I felt like "PigPen".

7 comments:

Grizzly Adam said...

I found a quarter-sized climb of mud stuck in my hair.

4 hours after the ride.

Ski Bike Junkie said...

We had similar conditions in SL,UT yesterday. Last night, in bed, after I just put clean sheets on, Rachel asked me if I that was a scab on the back of my calf. Upon further review, it was a piece of mud that had dried into place. She was not amused. I should consider showering more often. But I never get beyond considering it.

Thanks for sending Aaron to SLC on loan yesterday. We had good synergy in the meeting and were able to leverage much of the experience he brings from the UC.

KanyonKris said...

Someone better watch out for an "atomic" lycra wedgie.

Ricky said...

OK, if nobody else is going to step up and own this one, I will. It was my idea. The requirement to close out a few agenda items was far more important than accumulating a little clean mud on your bikes and in your hair. And hey, you should thank me for making your complexion much fresher today.

Normally I don’t like riding in those conditions. Yesterday was good though. I have a budget request in to cover all the mud-damaged BBs, headsets, and other allegedly sealed parts. Waiting for VP approval.

South County Ciclista said...

At first I was disappointed and jealous that I couldn't make the ride at the last minute yesterday. Now I am not. I also understand why there wasn't any talk of a lunch ride today.

Keith said...

I am so convinced that your incredible speed is, at least partly, due to the Singlefly that I've ordered one. I guess I'll have to sell my Rig and purchase some light wheels and brakes now. You won't hear me complaining about the mud, that's what that pretty bike is for, right?

Rick Sunderlage said...

Keith- Atta boy....Good move. You won't be let down. Let me know when it arrives and we can go find some mud to break it in.