- Skip out of work early on Friday, drive 30 miles to 5 Mile Pass and pre-ride the ICUP course.
- Make your special pre-race dinner (spaghetti w/ cottage cheese)
- Spend time cleaning and dialing in the bike
- Wake up, force down some Oatmeal and a powerbar
- Drive 30 miles to 5 Mile Pass in the rain
- Pull up to the parking only to get confirmation that the race has been delayed and maybe postponed.
- Turn around and drive home.
- No ride. No race
I wasn't in the best of moods on Saturday. In fact, I showed my darker side for most of the day.
Turns out. Plan B wasn't too bad. Took the kids swimming and then to Training Table for some greasy cheese fries. Rachelle did her best to cheer me up.
Racing is silly. I don't know why I get all worked up over it.