Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The Changing Game

Changing clothes in my car has become a very common occurrence. So has peeing in the parking lot but that's for a different post.

I'd guess that I change in my car just about as much as I do in my own home. And as good as I am at changing in the car, I've never attempted to change from my work clothes to my bike clothes while driving. I can't imagine what would happen if I tried that. My friend Adam does it all the time. I've witnessed it. Not the actual changing but I've watched him get in his car fully dressed in normal clothes, and then follow him in my car to the trail head, and see him pull up in his car fully dressed in bike clothes (bib shorts and all). As if he were a caterpillar who miraculously transformed into a colorful butterfly.

It's amazing really. I wish I could do that. But I lack the skills.

6 comments:

StupidBike said...

was Forest Whitaker there?

Rick Sunderlage said...

I'm trying really hard to make the connection but I can't. I give. What's with the Forest Whitaker reference?

Anonymous said...

Nunchuck skills, bowhunting skills, computer hacking skills, changing into bib shorts while driving skills...

StupidBike said...

1992, IRA, Transvestites, Romance, Drama.

6 Oscar nominations

JZ said...

I've had to do that few times and I always feel really creepy at the point where I am driving naked form the waist down and try to avoid pulling up next to buses or jacked up trucks. I guess I would be really worried if it stopped feeling creepy.

Philip said...

Thanks for posting this, just yesterday a truck pulled up next to me mid change and I tried my best to not look like anything was going on, sitting there with no pants on in the drivers seat.

If I didn't change then it would be in the parking lot with people walking around, much less personal there.