Thursday, August 21, 2008

Dirt Bag

At work, we have a training room where customers can come from all over the World to Orem Utah and be trained on our software. Just outside of that training room sits a table. 4 out of 5 days a week, this table is loaded with all kinds of food. Muffin tops from Kneaders, fruit, croissants, etc...And just above the table is a sign that reads "Food is for Customers Only". That's the rule.

I like that rule. It's a good rule. I usually respect that rule. But on the days when I commute in by bike, that rule seems a little silly.

This morning, the blueberry muffin tops looked too good to pass up. So I took one and ate in while hunched over in my cube. I disposed of the wrapper by placing it in the trash can in the empty cube next to mine.

One more reason I really do like my job. I can be a dirt bag cyclist and eat free food.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

you're like george costanza, soon you'll be sleeping under your desk and eating out of the garbage.

dirt bag.

Anonymous said...

I'm just wondering how many of your colleagues read your blog. And know of your dirtbaggishness.

KanyonKris said...

I believe this is called situational ethics and/or moral relativism? I just hope I don't crash in the same plane with you in the Andes.

Dave said...

I work/ride with Rick and I don't need to read his blog to know what a Dirt Bag he is.

filthy...

Dave said...

A few of us refer to Rick as "D Bag" - you can fill in what you like for the D.

Rick Sunderlage said...

Don't you judge me.

Jaynann said...

mmm...muffin tops.