Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Bikes and Pillows

In the Sunderlage home (not our real home), we have a lot of bikes and a lot of pillows. I like bikes. My wife likes bikes but she likes pillows more. I'd estimate that we have about 35 pillows in our house at the moment. That works out to be 7 pillows per person in our home. (Dug, Rob, Eric, back me up here).

I don't really care for pillows. I once spent 2 years on an island in the carribean and for the first six months, I used my towel as a pillow. You get my point.

I like to mix it up and get a different bike every couple of years. Keep it fresh. I'm in the process of selling my geared mtn bike and my Rig so I can take the proceeds and get a nice new single speed (Note to bike MFG's: I am currently accepting offers). If I've done my math, I should have enough to put into the new bike and walk away with some change.

Here's the thing. When I buy a bike, it requires me to sell a bike (in this case, two bikes) to pay for it.

When we (and by we I mean my wife) decides we need new pillows, we go get new pillows without selling the old ones. We probably have a few hundred dollars worth of pillows that we don't use. That's a nice wheel set.

Things are about to change. Ebay is about to get some new listings for some really nice, gently used pillows.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is INSPIRED.

but be careful, i've seen shelle on ebay. she may just buy all the pillows you're selling. check the shipping address.

Anonymous said...

How did you know I was on a pillow run?
Shelle

Anonymous said...

Glad to know I'm not the only one who sells bikes to buy a new one. So does this mean you'll be SS only on the MTB and that you'll be doing leadville on a single next year?

Anonymous said...

I'll give you $2.00 for each pillow that has not been drooled on.

I'll give you $10.00 for each pillow that HAS been drooled on.

Botched

Rick Sunderlage said...

Dug- About a year ago, she started shipping purcahses to YOUR house. Please reject any packages from UPS.

Mark- yep. all single speed, all the time from now on. Leadville will be on a SS. Ouch.

Dan- check your patio. You should have a pacakge or two.

Anonymous said...

Yea - that's right. There's 7 per person, Rachelle hopes that there will be 5 per person. It's her subtle way of saying that she wants 2 more kids...Have you learned nothing after 14 years of marriage Grasshopper?