Wednesday, August 6, 2008

8:58:21

It's all mental. I decided to come up with a goal and get this time in my head.

Why 8:58:21?
If (and that's a huge IF) I'm going to get a sub 9 at Leadville on Saturday, it's going to be really close. I've decided to give myself an extra 1:39 in case I crash with the finish line in site. I'm sure my legs will be cooked and I'll be sloppy and a crash is possible. Even if I'm going straight on a paved road.
To keep this time in my head at all times, I've set the alarm on my watch to go off at 8:58 AM (when it goes off, I walk over to the vending machine and get a Diet Coke). It's also set at 8:58 PM (at which time, I go to bed)
I've set my sprinklers to go off at 8:58 AM. Last night, I cooked my Lyn Wilson bean burrito for 8 minutes and 58 seconds.
I'm pretty sure this is the best plan ever.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'll bet that burrito was really delicious. 8'58"? that thing was probably a submarine turd by the time you took it out.

KanyonKris said...

Whatever works. I hope you make it. Have a good time at Leadville.

Anonymous said...

Dude, you're not leaving nearly enough of a cushion. I'd go for 8:56:32. You can fix a flat in 3:27, right?

Good luck from the pansy who decided last year to enter this thing and then never sent the registration in January. Next year...

tibiker said...

Is Rachelle pressuring you to try and do at least 8:58 during "business time"? (minutes not hours of course)


Talk about pressure.

KanyonKris said...

Sorry you didn't make sub-9, but 9:21 is dang fast! And you finished with Brad, nice.