Thursday, July 10, 2008

Park City Perfect 10

This Saturday is the Park City Perfect 10 race.

Complete as many laps in the 10 hours as you can. Each lap is about 7 miles with 900 ft of vertical.

There are options for Solo, Duo, or 4 person teams. I signed up for the solo.

The course looks great. It's actually on the Deer Valley resort. Part of the climb includes the Team Big Bear route which is really a fun climb. (I'm not sure how fun this will be after a few laps). My plan is to do this and log some long training miles on dirt and not treat it as a race. In fact, I doubt I'll ride the entire 10 hours.

I'm going to pack a cooler full of water, Carbo Rocket, and Diet Coke. Have a stash of PB & honey sandwiches, and some soup, a chair and hopefully some sort of tent for shade and see how long I can ride.

It will be fun in a very painful way.


Grizzly Adam said...

of luck Rick! I really, really wish I could be there.

Scorch it!

Grizzly Adam said...

Somehow the "Best" at the beginning of my initial comment vanished.

Best of luck, I was trying to say...

KanyonKris said...

If I wasn't doing STP this weekend, I'd be there.

Have a good time!

Aaron said...

You say it's just about logging some miles now, but I have a feeling that your race strategy might change once you line up with 30 other racers...