Monday, June 30, 2008

Respect

A true story....
This morning, I was driving into work, coming down the north side ot Suncrest. I had my Gary Fisher in the back of my truck. I got clocked going 58 MPH in a 40 zone (If you're going to speed, enjoy it). The cop pulled me over and asked for my documents. He had a partner with him. A young guy. Must have been a trainee or something. After several minutes of waiting while the ridiculous lights kept flashing (Why do they do that?), the partner/trainee guy walked up to my window and said "We are going to give you a warning today....You've got a mountain bike with one gear in the back of your truck. That single speed is bad ass".

And that was it. He turned and walked away. I can only guess that the younger cop was a cyclist.

Nice.

11 comments:

Grizzly Adam said...

Nice!

Aaron said...

No way is that a true story! You must be living right (meaning, of course, that you are adhering to the principles of the Church of the Blue Dome).

Anonymous said...

he didn't even ask what gear ratio you were running? cuz, you know how some single speeds are badder ass than others. i'm guessing I would have gotten a ticket.

Rick Sunderlage said...

maybe if I had a 32x18 they wouldn't have even stopped me in the first place.
Or a basket....

KanyonKris said...

That's the best reason I;ve ever heard for getting a single speed.

tp said...

Funny, I just got out of a ticket last weekend on the way to the Jordanelle with my son. I told the police officer that I was on my way to take my son to his first Boy Scout camp out. I knew I was golden after he asked Cole what scout troop he was in.

Anonymous said...

I think I will start carrying my bike with me everywhere I go.

I Am Woody said...

Perfect!

Anonymous said...

Why can't shit like that ever happen to me?

Jeff said...

Note to self - load the mountain bike in the Honda Element.

Found your blog through Dug, umm...through Fatty. Great Story!

Rick Sunderlage said...

Banks (evil)- You are already living the dream man...

Jeff- Thanks for stopping by!

Sleepy- I'm leaving my SS in my truck for the rest of the season. You should do the same.