Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Spring Break

Last week was Spring Break. We loaded up the kids in the Tahoe and met Dug and his family in San Diego. This being a family vacation, I left the bikes at home. It was nice to take some time to chill at the beach, eat large amounts of Mexican food, visit SeaWorld, and do a lot of relaxing.

But in the back of my mind, I knew that RAWROD was fast approaching. 100 + miles on dirt is no small ride. I needed to log some miles. So I borrowed a bike and hit the boardwalk. I loaded up the bike seat with my 2 year old daughter and went for a spin. I think I got about 0.25 miles in of intense effort.

Check out Dug's bike. Love the bars.


KanyonKris said...

Sweet rides! Born to be wild for sure.

Good to meet at Corner Canyon today.

dug said...

those bars are the result of rear-ending that bus. bummer.

bradkeyes said...

can't see the bike for his kit

Eric said...

we should rent some beach cruisers for a day and ride them around corner canyon. Those fat tires would be great for a comfy downhill.